Thursday, April 14, 2011

my human is so cute!

i haven't really had much time to be a 'blog hog' lately...we've been busy. cindy's family visited...there were so many of them, including two smaller-size humans who were curious about me and wanted to touch me but they wouldn't sit still for more than two seconds so they scared me and i huffed and they jumped then i jumped and on it went. and they smell different.

the weather is changing here. i can't really see much from inside but it 'feels' different. cindy has been taking me with her when she does the laundry and gets the mail. it's my first visit to Outside. it's cold there. cindy keeps me smothered in fleece but i can still feel the cold. it smells sooooooo good, tho'. when we get to the laundry room, i get to wander around inside the big basket and give that world a sniff, too. it doesn't smell as good as Outside but it still makes my nose twitchy and excited.

every time i go to sleep and wake up, there's a new rock in my home. honestly, where do all these rocks come from? pretty soon i won't be able to turn around without bumping into a rock. it's like living in a quarry. the good thing is more rocks mean more crickets and that means more crunchy goodness. cindy still thinks she is stumping me with her pathetic cricket-hiding ability. she's not. but i try not to make it too obvious and save a couple crickets for after she goes to sleep.

i noticed something funny the last couple days: if cindy is upset she takes it out on me. she constantly comes over and picks me up just long enough to hold me, then she puts me back down. and she has been spending way too much time with me - i spend so much time on her stomach, i feel like she's attached to me. if i have to listen to one more episode of 'Mad Men' i think i will take up smoking. i think all of this extra attention has something to do with other hedgehogs and their humans and someone being sick. i'm not sure what that means - i just know i want to be left in peace.

i have to say as annoying as cindy is, she feeds me well. i still LOVE my new diet: smelly, mushy stuff and crackly, crunchy stuff all mixed in. it's too bad there's vegetables mixed in but ever since i ate around them one time, she cuts them up so small, some always get in my mouth. still, it's nice having something different every day or two. and there is always bananas! i love the creamy, sugary goodness of bananas...mmmmm... and i have my human so well trained: when she gets up, she always comes by home to see me so i make sure i am standing beside my dish and staring at it, looking hungry. that always gets me extra bananas.

isn't that cute?

1 comment: