Sunday, April 3, 2011

a few of my favorite things

some seem to think all hedgehogs do is eat, poop and sleep. that is pretty much it, i suppose, but we do notice things and enjoy some things more than others. 

i love the smell of 'outside'...cindy puts me close to the screen in the kitchen so i can get a whiff and it smells wonderful! i have never been to this 'outside' place and she only holds me there for a few seconds - i'm guessing cuz it's kinda cool out 'there'. i hope i can visit it more sometime.

i love weekend naps...as soon as i am done wheeling, cindy scoops me up and puts me on a gigantic heating pad called 'jamie'. i sleep with there for a loooong time, usually tucked in somewhere, it's so warm and cozy. i don't even mind the strange noises that come out of his mouth and some are kinda loud and scary! cindy says we snore at each other.

i sleep in cindy's shirt, too...she pulls up the bottom to make me a pocket and she's so warm but she moves so much!! jeez. jamie is like a warm rock...napping with cindy is like sleeping in a canoe!

i love the crunch of beetles and crickets. i love it. anything that makes that noise when you bite down on it has to be good! mealworms are good, too, such a creamy inside but they just don't have that satsifying crunch when you chomp down on them. no ooze.

i love that every day i wake up to something different: cindy moves stuff around and hides food in weird spots (grossly under-estimating my hunting skills). this week she added some rocks. last week it was plants. makes me wonder what will happen next. the first thing i do when i wake up is take a tour of my home to see what's new...then i go back to sleep. it's never that exciting.

i love the 'cowboy dinner' catfood cindy gave me. once. she says it's too rich for me and it did make me barf once but i think that was because i ate it all at once and couldn't stop because it was soooo good. now she ruins it by mixing it with stuff like vegetables and that dry, sawdusty Sunseed (blech!) and boring chicken so now, if i want the yummy goodness of 'cowboy dinner', i have to eat all the healthy stuff too. i still like it but not as much as i did before.

i love my food dish, too. i can sit on the side and hang my bum out and relax while i am eating. it is so much better than having to stick my chin up all the time.

my water dish is great, too - no silly metal pokey thing hanging up so high i strained my neck every time i had a drink. and i always cut my tongue on the thingy. cindy watched me try to get a drink out of it once and it disappeared the next day. instead, there was a shiny green dish in its place - much better.

and i loooooooves my fleece....cindy makes me little bags out of fleece to hide and sleep in.  it's so warm and cozy. i like nice clean corners, tho', so i won't sleep in them until cindy gets rid of the little bit of extra fleece that sticks out when you sew it. i need to be able to get my nose right into the deepest corner. how can i do that if there's a bunch of fleece stuffed in there? i prefer my bags finished with a blind stitch.

see? i don't spend all of my time pooping and sleeping. i check things out. i think about stuff.




2 comments:

  1. I love the last picture. He's so funny with his butt hanging out.
    And those bowls are so posh =O

    ReplyDelete
  2. they're 'eatonomic' so they're lower in the front. that is the BEST way to eat: just relax and let your bum hang out. i have another set in a rust color but green is my favorite.

    EDITOR: I think Snarf means 'ergonomic' - they are lower on one side to decrease excessive stretching in the neck/back.

    ReplyDelete