Monday, May 2, 2011

Freedom!!!

i wish i would've thought of this sooner. i ran away from home a few days ago. cindy put me in my favorite sleeping bag on the floor and normally i will fall asleep and refuse to move for the whole day, if i can. but on friday, i decided i wanted to sleep in the human bed, so i waited until cindy wasn't looking, then ran as fast as i could into the bedroom and scaled up the side of the bed using the sheets. it was hard work and i almost fell but it was worth it. i had the whole glorious bed to myself...it was wonderful. i got to squish myself between crisp, clean sheets under a heavy blanket...hedgie heaven.

well, it WAS heaven until cindy kept calling my name over and over and over...and the banging and clunking around while she rearranged the entire household (i guess she had been looking for me for a while)...she made it very hard to sleep. finally, i couldn't stand it any longer and huffed at her when she moved the blanket. i thought for sure she'd march me back home but no: she just covered me again and left me to snooze. i was shocked. and happy.

since then, every morning when i am done wheeling, cindy puts me in bed with her. i'm not happy about sharing the bed but she usually leaves after an hour or so. besides, it's pretty big, so i just crawl into a corner where the sheets are the tightest and sleep away the day.

i think my bid for freedom has taught cindy a much needed lesson cuz she has finally stopped grabbing at me whenever i walk near the edge of the bed or couch. she was always freaking out when i would stroll over to check out the view. what does she think? that i'm going to walk right off the edge? jeez. you'd have to be a special kind of human stupid to do THAT.

i am very much enjoying my new freedom: i spend my days in cindy's bed and, if i squirm around too much, cindy helps me get comfy in my sleeping bag in the livingroom...either way, i am happy: i am free!!

2 comments:

  1. isn't it nice when they finally figure things out? they can be so hard to train. jeez. welcome to the world of the free & the home of the bed snugglers...it rocks! wheeeeeeeeee! -Henry

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just trained my human to let me run around with out a playpen, (she still watches me vary carefully though) I will take me forever to train her to let me sleep in her bed.

    ReplyDelete